Scott Trauner

Freelance writer and founding editor of The Connecticut Outdoor News (www.connecticutoutdoornews.com) "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." -Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Taste of Spring

Sometime around the new year, I put my bike away and began driving to work again. I had accumulated over 1,000 miles, saved hundreds of dollars in gas (and CO2) and felt great for the duration of each day I rode in.

It had been about two months since I rode to work when the weather changed yesterday. With lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's, I had felt worse in our mild November, so I tuned up the old Cannondale and rode the 7 miles to my job. Aside from the dark morning (we changed the clocks ahead Sunday morning), the ride was comfortable with a great slice of moon and stars following me in. I rode again today, but it looks like winter may be reluctant to leave us. Rain and colder temps are in store, but the bike will be out for good soon enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger swan said...

i love that "a great slice of moon and stars following me in"

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home